Am I Entitled to My Child’s School Records?

Often parents who do not have custody of their child wonder if they can get copies of their children’s school or medical records, even if the other parent does not consent.  It is not uncommon for a school or doctor to refuse to give school or medical records to the non-custodial parent.  However, the law in South Carolina is clear.  Unless otherwise ordered or in violation of State law, each parent has equal access and the same right to obtain all educational records and medical records of his or her minor children and the right to participate in the children’s school activities and extracurricular activities that are held in public locations. SECTION 63-15-260, S.C. Code of Laws

Related Posts
  • 10 Tips For Moms To Make The First Overnight Visit Work Well Read More
  • HELP! My Ex Declared Bankruptcy! Read More
  • Am I Entitled to My Child’s Medical Records if I Don’t Have Custody? Read More