Top 5 Legal Questions Asked This Month

  1. Should I sign a lease as a guarantor for my child? No, unless you don’t care about having to pay for the lease yourself when your child doesn’t.
  2. Somebody wrote me a bad check what should I do? If someone wrote you a bad check they have committed a crime. Most solicitors’ offices have a bad check office. Report it to them immediately. You can also sue them and receive three times the amount of the check. In both cases, it is important to act as soon as you receive the bad check. There is a small window of time to prosecute or collect the bad check.
  3. What are the 3 most important documents I should have? Deed with joint right of survivorship, will, and Power of attorney. Usually in that order.
  4. Should I form an LLC or an S-Corp.? People ask me this question because they are wanting to protect their assets in case they get sued. However, this question is not that simple to answer without having more information. I advise people that we need to get their accountants involved because not only do we want to protect their assets in case they get sued, but we also want to protect their assets from being taken in the form of taxes. Once we get their accountant’s input, then we usually get them started as an LLC or Corporation.
  5. I was in a car wreck and the medical provider will not take my health insurance. What should I do? Your doctor or hospital does not want to be involved in your legal troubles. You must insist that they file the claim on your health insurance even if the accident was caused by someone else. Otherwise, you may be turned over to collections as you deal with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
Related Posts
  • Places Where You Cannot Take Your Concealed Weapon in South Carolina Read More
  • Which States Accept South Carolinas CWP? Read More
  • What You Should Do if You Are in a Wreck Read More